Thursday, April 4, 2013

Olay Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System 0.68 Fl Oz

I know you are wondering if a $28 item can compare at all to something that cost nearly ten times the price. The answer is YES! I have the Clarisonic Pro - which is the top of the line for their model, so before you spend the money on both, I'll do a side by side comparison for you. Mind you, I am VERY happy with my Clairsonic. Even knowing that this I am happy I made the purchase for both of them, since they are fairly different. Here's why:

Size: The Olay Pro-X is about half the size of the Clarisonic. This is actually better in many ways. It is easier to hold, lightweight, it fits in my shower caddy easily without dropping, you can travel with it very easily. I think this is my favorite part about the differences. It also makes the brush head much smaller, which has a different effect. Of course, the motor is at least half the size as well, and this effects how this feels. I can't actually say it is better or worse than the Clarisonic, it's just different. It is like getting a Sweedish massage (Olay) as opposed to a deep tissue massage (Clarisonic).

Cleansing Products: The Olay cleansing formula has tiny granules and is exfoliating. The Clarisonic cleansers are gels and the specifically say that you cannot use exfoliating cleansers with granules on theirs - most likely because the motor is stronger and it will scratch your skin. I really liked the way my skin felt after using the Olay product. I felt sparkling clean and my skin was shining.

Versatility: This is where I love my Clarisonic more. Since I bought the pro, I can use it on my body, and have different size brush heads and change the timing. Is it worth 10x more the price? Not necessarily. The Olay Pro-X has two speeds, you don't really need more than that. But I do love having the option of using the full body brush on the Clarisonic. Also, there is slightly more control with the Clarisonic since it is sturdier, the ProX does slide a bit, though not excessively so. You can still maintain some control with the Por-X though not as much.

Charging: The Pro-X uses two double-A batteries that it comes with. It was a bear to take the battery case off, but once I did it was fine, and it doesn't need recharging that often. I use the best batteries in the world, eneloopSanyo Eneloop 8 Pack AA NiMH Pre-Charged Rechargeable Batteries and I'm good to go for several weeks. The Clarisonic has a charging holder that you plug into the wall, you don't need to change the batteries, but you do need to find a place in your home to park it for an hour or so every week. I prefer having the double A rechargeable option of the Olay. It also makes it so much easier to travel with.

Please note: It is not that easy to figure out how to install the batteries, and there are no instructions. You might not want to pull open the wrong part of your product for fear of breaking it. I had to call the company to figure it out, and I've had a couple of people email me to ask me, so here goes: Hold the product with your right hand by the top/sides of the handle with the brush head facing down. Keep holding firmly with your right hand, while with your left you pull the handle away from you. The top part of the handle comes off to load the batteries.

The bottom line: I think the Olay Pro-X is a steal. If you are on the fence about which to buy this or the Clarisonic, and you only need it for your face and not your body, you will probably be better off saving your money and going with this! Personally, I am glad I have both. This is definitely worth the investment!

No comments:

Post a Comment